The most popular of our stainless steel stovetops, the Bialetti Venus produces the same authentic Italian espresso, using the same brewing technique, as the original Moka Express.
This stovetop espresso pot is made from 18/10 stainless steel and is compatible with all cooktops including induction* (Venus 2 cup size is not suitable for induction cooktops).
A functional style with a practical, drip-less pouring spout, it is constructed from food grade 18/10 stainless steel and has an ergonomic, heat-resistant handle with secure anti-slip grip and features Bialetti’s patented safety valve.
To produce an authentic espresso in minutes, simply fill the bottom with water to just below the valve, add your favourite espresso ground coffee to the funnel and gently heat on your stovetop.
Please note, the cup size refers to an espresso cup which is approximately 30mls.
Material: Stainless Steel
*Note: Do check your induction cooktop Manufacturer’s manual to confirm the diameter of the Bialetti pot base will correctly operate on your cooktop.
4, 6 and 10 cup sizes are suitable for induction. 2 cup is not suitable for induction cooktops.
Made from Stainless steel. The interior of the bottom chamber is unpolished stainless steel (it does not have a coating, rather it has been sand blasted to provide a matt finish).
Please note, the 2 cup is not induction capable.
Note: Do check your induction cooktop Manufacturer’s manual to confirm the diameter of the Bialetti pot base will correctly operate on your cooktop.
|Cup Size||Approximate Total Height (cms)||Approximate Width (cms) at bottom of base|
Before First Use:
- Before using the coffeemaker for the first time, it’s a good idea to wash all the parts in hot water first. The Bialetti Venus is NOT dishwasher safe.
- We recommended that you throw away the first 3 brews.
- It’s really important that you don’t use the handle while unscrewing as this can cause the handle to break.
Watch the video on making stovetop espresso or see below...
- Fill the base with water to just below the level of the safety valve. Be careful not to overfill as the air in the space between the water and the coffee filter is what heats and forces the water up through the coffee. If the water tank is overfilled the result is boiled coffee, with a bitter or burnt taste.
- Insert the funnel.
- Loosely fill the funnel with your favourite ground coffee. (We recommend a medium-fine grind. Medium-fine will feel gritty when rubbed between your fingers, not powdery).
- Screw the top section firmly to the base.
- Place the coffeemaker on a low to medium heat. When using on gas adjust the flame so that it does not extend up the side of the pot.
- It takes only 3 - 6 minutes, depending on the size of the coffeemaker and the intensity of heat, until it’s ready to serve.
- Remove immediately from the heat once coffee pot is full. Do not allow to boil and do not put on full heat as this may cause the coffee to have a burnt taste.
- Dissemble and hand wash in warm water.
- Periodically clean the internal sides of the column in the top part of the pot ensuring no build up of coffee residues.
- Suitable for use on gas, electric, ceramic and induction hobs. Note: Do check your induction cooktop Manufacturer’s manual to confirm the diameter of the Bialetti pot base will correctly operate on your cooktop.