Bialetti Moka Express Gold
For a limited time, the Limited Edition Moka Express in Gold is available in select stockists only and while stocks last.
Available in a 3 cup - RRP $89.95, and 6 cup - RRP $125.00.
Please call your nearest store below or order through their website to ensure you don't miss out:
- Smith & Caughey's - Online & Auckland CBD, 09 377 4770
- Applewood Kitchen Shop - Auckland CBD, 09 357 0088
- Milly's - Online & Auckland store, 09 376 1550
- Chef's Compliments - Taupo, 07 377 4455
- Total Food Equipment - Napier, 06 834 4004
- La Bella Italia - Petone, 04 566 9303
- Pomeroy's Coffee & Tea Co - Nelson, 03 546 6944
- J Ballantyne & Co - Online (check with individual stores), 03 379 7400
- Total Food Equipment - Dunedin, 03 474 0568
The original stovetop coffeemaker has been serving up fresh Italian style espresso coffee since 1933.
Just like the classic Moka Express, the Gold Moka is constructed from food grade aluminium and includes a sturdy stay cool nylon handle and knob and Bialetti’s patented safety valve.
The Moka produces a rich, authentic espresso and Bialetti’s distinctive eight-sided shape allows it to diffuse heat perfectly to enhance the aroma of your coffee.
Please note, the cup size refers to an espresso cup.
Made in Italy.
NOT AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ONLINE.
Made from aluminium, with a nylon handle and knob.
|Cup Size||Approximate Total Height (cms)||Approximate Width (cms) at bottom of base|
Before First Use:
- Before using the coffeemaker for the first time, it’s a good idea to wash all the parts in hot water first. The Bialetti Moka Express is NOT dishwasher safe.
- We recommended that you throw away the first 3 brews.
- It’s really important that you don’t use the handle while unscrewing as this can cause the handle to break.
Watch the video on making stovetop espresso or see below...
- Fill the base with water to just below the level of the safety valve. Be careful not to overfill as the air in the space between the water and the coffee filter is what heats and forces the water up through the coffee. If the water tank is overfilled the result is boiled coffee, with a bitter or burnt taste.
- Insert the funnel.
- Loosely fill the funnel with espresso ground coffee, do not press coffee down.
- Screw the top section firmly to the base.
- Place the coffeemaker on a low to medium heat. When using on gas adjust the flame so that it does not extend up the side of the pot.
- It takes only 3 - 6 minutes, depending on the size of the coffeemaker and the intensity of heat, until it’s ready to serve.
- Remove immediately from the heat once coffee pot is full. Do not allow to boil and do not put on full heat as this may cause the coffee to have a burnt taste.
- Dissemble and hand wash in warm water. Suitable for use on gas, electric and ceramic hobs, NOT suitable for induction.