Bialetti Moka Express Black & 2 Cup Set
The striking black Moka Express 3 Cup with gold Bialetti branding is available for a limited time, complete with two stunning, octagonal espresso cups and saucers.
The original stovetop coffeemaker has been serving up fresh Italian style espresso coffee since 1933.
To produce an authentic espresso in minutes, simply fill the bottom with water add your favourite espresso ground coffee to the funnel and gently heat on your stovetop.
The Moka Express is constructed from food grade aluminium and includes a sturdy stay cool nylon handle and knob and Bialetti’s patented safety valve.
The Moka produces a rich, authentic espresso and Bialetti’s distinctive eight-sided shape allows it to diffuse heat perfectly to enhance the aroma of your coffee.
Please note, the cup size refers to an espresso cup which is approximately 30mls.
Material: Aluminium Moka and porcelain cups and saucers.
The Moka Stovetop is made from aluminium, with a nylon handle and knob. The cups and saucers are porcelain.
|Cup Size||Approximate Total Height (cms)||Approximate Width (cms) at bottom of base|
Before First Use:
- Before using the coffeemaker for the first time, it’s a good idea to wash all the parts in hot water first. The Bialetti Moka Express Black is NOT dishwasher safe.
- We recommended that you throw away the first 3 brews.
- It’s really important that you don’t use the handle while unscrewing as this can cause the handle to break.
Watch the video on making stovetop espresso or see below...
- Fill the base with water to just below the level of the safety valve. Be careful not to overfill as the air in the space between the water and the coffee filter is what heats and forces the water up through the coffee. If the water tank is overfilled the result is boiled coffee, with a bitter or burnt taste.
- Insert the funnel.
- Loosely fill the funnel with your favourite ground coffee. (We recommend a medium-fine grind. Medium-fine will feel gritty when rubbed between your fingers, not powdery).
- Screw the top section firmly to the base.
- Place the coffeemaker on a low to medium heat. When using on gas adjust the flame so that it does not extend up the side of the pot.
- It takes only 3 - 6 minutes, depending on the size of the coffeemaker and the intensity of heat, until it’s ready to serve.
- Remove immediately from the heat once coffee pot is full. Do not allow to boil and do not put on full heat as this may cause the coffee to have a burnt taste.
- Dissemble and hand wash in warm water.
- Periodically clean the internal sides of the column in the top part of the pot ensuring no build up of coffee residues.
- Suitable for use on gas, electric and ceramic hobs, NOT suitable for induction. For Moka's up to 6 cup size, an induction hob converter can be purchased here: Bialetti Induction Plate